Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bracelets and Buttonholes

I've had a recent obsession with making a sturdy, comfortable, good-looking bracelet. Or wristband, if wearing a bracelet would offend your masculinity. After some dreadful attempts at going about this task, I've finally reached a basic design that I can live with.

IMG_2808
Left: The old version. Right: The new, less-shitty version.

Other than the leather accent being improperly sized and the stitching being a little bit shoddy (the machine's fault, not mine. I swear), this one turned out significantly better.

IMG_2811
I've added a lining to the bottom so that it feels softer on the wrist, and it also gives me the opportunity to mess with different patterns and colors to complement the actual body of the wristband.

Buttonholes have also been a fun thing to learn to do. I don't have a fancy machine that does it automatically for me, so I had to learn to do it the old-fashioned way.

IMG_2813

Notice the failtastic one on the right, and how they clean up as time went on. Yay! Improvement!

I've been getting a surprising number of requests for these things, so once I really figure out what I'm doing, I believe that I'll be selling these in a variety of designs, colors, fabrics, and patterns. Keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment